PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cae Amsterdam A Failure
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 15:33
BAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have done some training with CAE AMS, and I can only say positive things about them.

I have however noticed that RYR has taking some quite low standard lowtimers recently, so I honestly don't think you can blame CAE. I think RYR is struggling to find the right people, which is reflected in the training results.

I don't think it's as difficult to get accepted for the SSTR scheme, as it used to be. I know a few who got through, and I'm frightened by the thought that they are F/O's on a 737!!
One guy was 4-5 years before he maneged to complete his Integrated course, after which he did a ATR rating, and despite the fact that they normally get hired straight after the training with this ATR operator, he some how didn't. So he decided to do the RYR SSTR, and was accepted. Also know another quite scary story, but I better stop now he he.

Not saying that the pilots who failed are rubbish at there profession, but I do believe that the standard of RYR cadets has been lowered quite significant over the last two years.
This combined with lack of instructors, and instructors who are not used to train very inexperienced pilots, may be the cause of the failures.

/BAP