PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS New long Haul CSM CSS intake
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 10:56
nite walker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off I agree with the general sentiment.As explained in one post by an applicant lots of questions about experiences on board and how they were handled then next minute they select..................... well except for three, I dont know the rest.untilwe do its harsh to judge. Why werent some candidates with 20 plus years selected. Does that experience as a CSS mean nothing?
Stop for a sec everyone. If you think this process has become a farce wait and see who gets selected if the EBA gets voted up.
The union has agreed with the companies view that previous experience in a non-flying managerial role is all you need, oh and to have all the right answers in an interview.

To those in the Company that read this who are managers where exactly in management 101 was this promotional stratagem written?

we are all considered negative by suggesting that experience as a supervisor on board for at least 1-2 years should count for something.

To those who are successful and read this I sincerely wish you all the best and good luck. It is not their fault they are in this situation. They have had the opportunity to apply and did so.

If any of you are not happy about the process it is no use bitching on here! after the EBA vote it will be open slather for anyone with 4 years as a flight attendant.
If you think this is a bad move let the union know.

If you vote yes to the EBA then this selection method is one of the ramifications.
Learn to live with it
Dont think you wont fly with them, we all have to do reserve sometime