PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS New long Haul CSM CSS intake
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 09:30
blurter8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have got to be kidding

Can someone out there give me just a little advice on how i might overcome the major urge to lean over the table and slowly remove my mismanagers head at the neck IF i go in to receive, and pretend to eat, that s*** sandwich they call feedback?.
Slowly but surely this process is eroding any belief that i may have had that it is a merit based system of selection.
How can someone who has been in a position for less than a bid period be deserving or worthy, (thats the def of merit by the way) of success in this process.
Please dont place me in the sour grapes dept. The very fact that the questions asked throughout the interview day centered around experience. For example, "in your experience can you tell me when..." " As a CSS can you give me an example of...." " How did you manage a situation involving...." and so it went on.
Please tell me how one answers these questions and of course many more around the same themes if one has been in the position of CSS for just some weeks!!
For many of the applicants, and unfortunately unsuccessful applicants, the pile of upward feedback forms by Crew and CSMs is to say the least, LARGE. Are these simply ignored? Are our Managers saying that they do not trust the people that they are relying on to fill the feedback forms?.
Many of these applicants had KPF****** I,s that put them into the holy grail of sweet number 4!. According to the jokes in there this constitutes the highest level as a 5 is simply unattainable for a mortal.
Me thinks that perhaps the Merit based system needs a new more befitting name, any suggestions, please.