PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 8th Jan 2008, 09:16
600ft-lb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You answered your own question. If you don't wish to go elsewhere then suck it up. If you don't wish to go elsewhere the company that is providing the millions of dollars required to produce the income to pay your wage has the upper hand.

You may not like capitalism but it's the best economic system mankind has ever come up with, you and I have to live with it. I'd like more money for what I do too. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't be paid more. I'm saying take the hand you are dealt. Why? Because your alternative is to hurt hundreds of thousands of other people in ways you will never know.
The capitalist system we live by in this country has systems built in place by law that allows collective bargaining of employees with their employer. Capitalist societies rely on prices going up, ie inflation, to drive growth.

The by product of inflation means that the cost of living goes up. Therefore generally, employees should be entitled to get a pay rise every year (that the EBA system has provisions for increased productivity and flexibility in return for said pay rises) that at least goes up in line with inflation. That is how most people think.