PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFTL Question?
Thread: AFTL Question?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2008, 21:47
TheChitterneFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm long gone from Honkers, but I agree... don't answer your 'phone! I received 'max intimidation' and an interview for not answering my 'phone outside of my standby duty. CC even sent text messages to my mobile for roster changes... which, coincidentaly, my 'phone provider (Sunday) didn't deliver until the next day! My Fax was always 'on-line' and able to recieve, yet KA wouldn't acknowledge the lack of information from my Fax Log... they never sent it! Yet I still received intimidation of the highest order... is there little wonder that I packed my bags and departed for good? With 20/20 hindsight ,and a better understanding of FTLs, I might have been in a better legal situation, but what with my own mental deterioration with the constant threat of 'the company might well bring forward your own departure date'... I decided that enough was enough and escaped a couple of days prior to my planned departure date... with a backpack full of cash from my bank account! It wasn't the best decision that I've ever made, but my escape from KA was all encompassing. I'm not proud of what I did, but the lack of support within the management structure for their blatant disregard (or their own $hit interpretation) of FTLs pushed me over the edge. The DPA were very supportive during those dark and final days, but when considering that I gave my very best to support the Classic freighter operation at that time, I cannot find the words that adequately describe the $hit that was being smeared in my direction.

There were several engineering dificiencies that I can recall... an under-reading oil quantity gauge for several weeks! OK... right-on yeah! The aircraft concearned ran out of oil en-route to DXB and we shut-down the engine!

On another occasion... low indicated engine oil pressure... first reported by my good self... an indication problem! Several sectors later... I'm airborne for TPE and, after having reported the problem previously, the oil pressure light came on at TOD into TPE! The G/Es adjust the low pressure setting. The next day... I'm going to TPE (or it might be someplace else, I can't remember) and I'm advised to 'GO' by COMPANY... after the G/Es (under my supervision) observe a 'paralax' GO situation of an Oil Pressure that is obviously incorrect by my standards... we shut down the engine after a 'huge bang' that was heard by many people in HKG City! The very next day 'Corporate Communications' tell the newspapers that it was a 'routine' engine surge! Fact of the matter was, that the engine was '******' and that we dumped fuel to return back into HKG. It took another four or five hours for the engineers to confirm that the engine was indeed 'knackered'! So, the value of my engineering expertise to KA was in fact... 'diddly squat'! I do have many other diary recollections (personal records) of engineering 'wrongdoings' that were wrongfully attributed to what were my so-called 'effective disorders' of my personal recollections of my time with KA. My 'recollections' could be adequately explained via the 'Cockpit Data Recorders' at that time... but who gives a $hit? I voted with my feet, but I will challenge 'anyone' to deny any of the facts that I hold in my possesion.

I cannot hold anyone to account within the current management structure, but I can uphold many of the 'old school guys' wrongdoings for the way in which I was persecuted... 'caned' for being honest! You all know who you are!

Well done DPA, but you're up against a management team who are in denial... they know nothing about what they have done to those who honestly tried to make a diference!