PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS New long Haul CSM CSS intake
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2008, 13:31
speedbirdhouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couldn't agree with you any more Cartexchange.

Plenty of us, like you are shaking our heads at some of the annointees.

I'm only aware of 6 or so names but two of those clearly won't cut the mustard.

Perhaps QF approve of the technique where CSM's have to retire to the toilets for a little cry when the ****e hits the fan!!!!!!

I guess the problem is twofold.

1. QF management and more importantly those who choose new onboard managers have NO understanding of our operational environment.

Writing people up for minor uniform infractions might please the egos of sociopathic office dwellers like fat boy slim and the tarrantular but it serves NO practical purpose from the customers point of view.

I ask you. When passengers get to their destination and their friends ask, "how was your flight". Do they mention that they'll NEVER fly qantas again because someone in economy wasn't wearing their vest, didn't use their oven gloves or had earings that were too big???????

Our working environment is stressful enough without people actively creating tension, and mistrust onboard.

The end result is grumpy sullen and suspicious crew who's frame of mind manifests itself onboard for all to see.

2. They lack the ability or intelligence to promote anything other than mirror images of themselves.

-------------------

tarrantular, webster, fatboyslim, theboyscout, thekiwisociopath, lurch, ding dong??????

Leadership???????????

You've got to be kidding..............

oh BTW, don't call them onboard managers.......................around here