PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod families angry at OBE
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2008, 10:33
Mick Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOGGIEE

[We're still waiting to hear from Mr Knight as to whether or not he was misquoted/quoted out of context (as was the case with some others).

If we don't, then it is likely that most readers will assume that the quotes were a correct reporting of Mr Knights words.
TD said very early on that if anyone wanted to pm him he would explain the exact situation, which is not as clear-cut as regards to how the newspaper article came about as all too many on this thread seem very keen to assume.

TheSmiter and a number of others, including myself, suggested a long time back that the point about the award had been well made, so could we now stop the thread. I personally have nothing against the congratulations for the squadron commander continuing. I seconded TheSmiter when he offered such congratulations. (Although perhaps a new thread with a more positive title might be more appropriate.)

But the continued having a go at TD long since stopped being about making the point. It is already very well made, politely, firmly and sensibly by some but in a very nasty fashion by others.

When I first joined this forum a number of years ago I had to read some rules which said that whether you agree or disagree with someone you should feel free to say so but that in doing so you should treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself. Someone seems to have torn them up somewhere along the line.