PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod families angry at OBE
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2008, 09:45
Laboratoryqueen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throughout the months since this accident Mr Knight has always made very public statements in all forms of the media, on here, in the newspapers, radio and television, he has always put his opinion across. During that time several family members, myself included, came here to request that this media involvement be wound down to allow the other families their peace in their time of grief. It was made very clear that Mr Knight would continue to do as he saw fit and would continue to do what he wanted and when he wanted, disregarding the feelings of others involved.

And yet now there is no public response and this is speaking volumes to many.

The view of the other family members who have posted in this thread has been to congratulate Martin on his award and also a desire to see our VO's recognised in some manner, as we know exactly the lengths they have gone for us.

The majority of two articles spreading over two days was made up of statements by the Knights with personal attacks on a very fine officer. That would amount to a great deal of misquoting on the newspapers behalf.

I received a response by pm from Mr Knight to a request made by myself which was of interest to all families with regards to the inquest, however due to my views in this thread he has declined to show his support.

I can only form my own opinions on what this says to me.