PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2008, 10:16
vs_lhr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V-Flyer only covers a small % of passengers. The ones that go away to a five star hotel that find anything to complain about.
greigok, we're normally batting for the same side on here, but on this one I have to disagree. Yes, V-Flyer is a small % of passengers, but it is our frequent flyers (not necessarily just 5 star ones), and certainly the largest passenger voice we have anywhere - so we ignore them at our peril.

I have found that V-Flyer visitors complain only when there is justification. When you see a passenger just having a moan (we see them everywhere - normally first time posters who want to complain because they had to pay for an exit row, or an aircraft went tech and they want to know why they shouldn't be upgraded from Y to J on the very next flight plus compensation). Those posters get short shrift from their peers on V-Flyer. Yes, they can be picky at times, but I think for the most part, they are just identifying one of our biggest problems - consistency in service delivery.

Unlike most of us, who are posting here because our common interest is our employer, on V-Flyer they are bothering to post through brand loyalty. That would suggest they are more inclined to champion our product rather than complain about it. They want VS to succeed, and they want VS to improve. I wouldn't say they are perfect, but they are our passengers and if we are savvy we should be embracing their thoughts (rather than slagging them off, which I've noticed occasionally on cc.com)