PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2008, 22:07
leisurelad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well guys, having read this thread with much interest, as with any company, if things are that bad, look elsewhere. I mean, you can allways go and work for easyjet working 6 days on 3 days off quite often 4 sector days seeing madrid airport for 30 mins. They probably don't earn much more than you guys, if anything.

Virgin is virgin and to be honest should not be compared to other airlines. I don't know many airlines that you can just swap trips willy nilly and plan your roster around how you wish to live. My housemates roster is 4-5 trips a month, quite often only ends up doing 2 or 3 by swapping and using the system to their advantage.

You guys get to travel the world and have seen and done things most people will never get the chance to do. Whilst living in the virgin world (i dont care about anything else) which is quite common, just stop and think about how your way of life compares to many others the UK.

Before you all come down on me like a ton of bricks, just re read the above and think before replying. And no, i don't work for vigin but have been in aviation for many years and am fortunate enough to be in happy comfortable surroundings.

Take care and happy flying