PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2008, 12:15
Virgin89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Moo, why do people continue to go on about what BA get verus what VS get. This has been going on for years and will continue to go on I'm sure, however it's pointless.

BA are recruiting right now so what don't people go and work for them?

To be honest it's because some people at Virgin want the VS lifestyle and the BA package. That is never going to happen.

I have many friends in BA who love the money they get, however want the VS lifestyle, the flexibility, the chance to request, good perks etc, but they know they won't get it at BA, so they stay for the money.

Regarding all the talk about the company now starting to contact crew who are operating over the strike days (i've just had one of these calls) to check to see who is and who isn't operating, what company wouldn't do this? They are trying to maintain the operation as did BA and AF recently during their disruptions and I don't blame VS for doing this at all.

I hear that there are many people who are offering to stay on their flights, work extra days and give up leave. Not the 28 people that the last text I received seem to mention.

Like I've said before, respect people who want to and are willing to come to work and equally respect people who feel that striking is the thing they should do.

I would respect anyone who comes to work and helps the company out or equally decides to stand on a picket line. I respect anyone for their choice, what I would find hard is people who just go sick and stay at home.

I wish everyone luck over the next few days. We are all going to need.