PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies
Old 5th Jan 2008, 05:29
Hobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the Melbourne Age 5/1/08:-

"If the serviceability remains high then you probably won't see a lot of effect, but if it starts to decline and you have a couple of aircraft go to the US, then they obviously won't be able to draw on extra manpower, and that is when some aircraft may need to be grounded."

Watching this from the UK, I would note the following:-

It looks like Mathew Murphy knows as much about aviation as the infamous Simon Calder of the Independent here in the UK. I imaging QF have a couple of aircraft in SFO and LAX most days. Presumably he meant 'a couple of aircraft go US'.

Why don't Quantas don't publish anything about this on their website. The last press release on the site is from 20th December. Why are they hiding this from the fare paying public? Is it to create maximum disruption and be able to blame the LAMEs. BA are always very hot on giving any intenal or external industrial action front page treatment on their website. This reassures the punters that at least they are aware of the problem, and are thinking about it.

Good luck to you all, even though it might screw up my forthcoming staff travel arrangements, we are right behind you.

Last edited by Hobo; 5th Jan 2008 at 05:54.