PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2008, 14:25
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, my focus was accurate.

Small private company not being able to match big rich company in crew down payments.

Which bit was tricky?

Becasue realistic crew down payments dont have to be paid if the correct manning levels are achieved and maintained, likewise if the correct renumeration package (basic and trip pay) is achieved sicnkess would not be so high triggering large crew down payments. But no, virgin wants it's cake and to eat it, insufficient crewing levels, low basic, low trip pay, result high sickness.

As for small privaye vs big rich, was trying to avoid that hence last sentance in my post, but an airline that pitches itself to superior to another must be able to run with the dogs in all areas.

As for keeping the £160 crew down payment, if the company is instigating it it should be kept for good, or they take it away all together, but no that wouldnt help try and bribe people to come to work over strike days, again it is cake and eat it scenario.

Right end from me, getting drawn back into this thread and need to focus on other aspects this.