PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2008, 14:18
Cyber Bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason that VAA can pay £160+ for crew down during the strike is because it's being funded by those going on strike and those who may decide to call in sick during the period. For it to remain, it would need to be negotiated by - Guess who? - the very person who has suggested that we plead with the company for it to remain.

Do like the way BB has suggested that we ask the company about the possibility of this remaining. I'm sure I read something that BB and the reps are supposed to representing us?. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we pay ours subs in the hope that BB + Co will act with our best interests at heart, yet in reality, it is left in our court to appeal to the company. Fantastic!

I despair . I really do have to question motives. Who is he truely representing here?. I suspect that he is representing himself - certainly making a hash of representing us.

As for the rep's - can't blame them as such. No experience and little qualification's that's why they asked BB to take over. Bet any money, you won't be seeing any of them on the picket line

So we have a union leader who is respresenting - Who?

We have rep's who are supporting who? ( Has anyone seen them since the strike was announced? - thought not)

And the company who is remaining steadfast.

Only one loser me thinks!