PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spotters released on bail
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2001, 15:45
outback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Good writings Andreas, you are a true 'Kalamaras'
If I came from Hellenic stock I would have written:

I think the Greeks are quite right in protecting their security for which they are so admirably renowned. An example to all these second-class EU countries. Passengers and crews should appreciate this unrelenting vigilance. It instills confidence with all those flying in or out of Greece - military or civil.
Innocent plane-spotters? It could have been one of these spying foreigners who placed a bomb on the BEA comet at Athens airport in 1967 killing all on board (Ath/Nic).
You should also bear in mind that the language is superior, and little understood or appreciated by the rest of the world. It makes foreigners think we related to that other Greek civilisation many centuries ago which was the cradle of civilisation etc.etc.
Anyway the tourists think so!
We stood back to back and died to the last man on the Parthenon to defend our marbles
(although we were only told what they really were when the tourists started to arrive)
In the event they were flogged to an 'Englezi' second-hand dealer called Elgin,who did know what they were.
And, with our little kilts we will defend to the last against any Johnny Turk - we don't need your Byrons (Lord George Byron founded the first plane-spotters association)
So, foreigners, reflect on all this before you cast the first stone. You will always enjoy renowned Greek hospitality (If you have money to pay for it of course!!)