PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LH CC Onboard Manager Promotions
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 23:16
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the main roles of a manager is to know what the duties of those they manage involve...

Funbags has shown time and again that he/she knows very little about the role of Cabin Crew with this statement...

In reality, we can serve tea/coffee (no qualifications required). In reality, you can't fly an aeroplane (licence required).
So that diminishes funbags argument that he/she is the real On Board Manager because a real manager knows the abilities of their organisation.

Some points here funbags..

1:After watching tech crew over the years I sincerely doubt that some tech crew would be able to serve Tea and Coffee let alone anything else we do....

2:You need a license to drive a car but that doesn't necessarily mean that drivers are better because they have a license.In fact with the road toll it would appear the exact opposite is a more accurate statement.

3:With your fragile and easily bruised ego I very much doubt that you would last 1 sector with passengers.

4:If your association was given the vote for a 'B' scale they would grab it with open arms if it meant their conditions were protected.Remember a few years ago when your union sold a lot of it's award conditions including the 1,1,2 slipping pattern.The pilots then spat the dummy on a number of occasions when cabin crew had a longer slip.....sad but true...

But here is the real truth that some pilots think of cabin crew...

I have for many years thought it was absolutely abhorrent when one compares the pay of a CSM with that of a Dash 8 Captain (and F/O!).

Q.Which needs higher skill and training levels, and carries more responsibility?

This will, many many years down the track, address that imbalance somewhat.
....So instead of increasing the pay of a Dash 8 pilot this Capt is happy that cabin crew pay is being reduced.....it makes him feel better......poor little boy

Your point of view funbags seems very similar to this chap....