PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 21:41
trollytom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
virgin have 28 volunteers so far to work ....thats direct from the union
they are talking sh!! DONT BE SCARED dont turn up for work. Pass it on

The above msg was txt to me from a few colleagues tonight
Who starts these and where does any of the information come from!!

As much as i would love the number of volunteers be only enough to crwe 2 flights i doubt there is any truth in this and therefore have not sent the message on.

Surely we deserve to see some more communication from the Union regarding matters

I dont agree that a bonus should be paid to those operating flights on strike days - it is just another sign of the companies sneaky tactics and i know when your monthly wage is circa £900 for cabin crew every little helps but in the long run a one off payment of 100 quid and more if you are crew down is pathetic and in the long term means nothing
yes it will help cover the cost of that confirmed J seat you used last month but thats all.
Please think about it before you succumb to agreeing to work for this minimal payment - a payment that is in effect costing VS zero as the monies they deduct from strikers pay will cover this. Dont be greedy and think that its good offer especially if you voted yes to strike please dont be brought by bribery and quite frankly minimal amounts of money.