PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 20:49
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have stated my views on the IMCR on many occasions. I think it is a fine rating IF it is taught to the correct standards and the advice of the CAA is followed with regard to use and minima. I think the problem lies in the use of it as mini IR and the ignoring of the training advice which is not done in a quiet lets just get on with way but in a highly vocal barrack room lawyer style. You only have to read the endless discussion on minima and why an IMCR should be allowed to use the airways because they are just as good as an IR holder.

This is exactly the sort of thing that is thrown back at us in committee by the Europeans and more importantly the airlines and as why the IMCR is under the spotlight in the first place.

I have really just tried to play devils advocate with my recent posts and make the people who are working on campaigns to save the rating actually think about why they want to save it and what it is going to be used for.

The weather and safety arguments don't stand up and have been countered by many. Even DFC who I would argue with over the colour of the sky makes valid points. But everyone on here is hell bent on shouting down reasoned argument with standard dogma and not actually coming up with a genuine counter argument that will stack up.

Yes we have to save the IMCR, but why? Answer please.........