PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod families angry at OBE
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 17:31
Satellite_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TD - if you have had concerns about OC CXX's conduct, be it in the short time between his assuming command and the terrible accident, or in the months afterwards, what response did you get when taking it up with him, or via appropriate other authority? Because I would really not want to think that, if you had such issues, then the first time they were raised was through the medium of the press.
For what it's worth, although I have no connection with anyone involved in the Nimrod accident, I had a colleague who lost someone very close in another major aircraft incident. I'm well aware of the terrible stress involved, and the anger and upset that every new detail or incident can bring, however remotely related or distant in time. But with my hand on my heart I can say that this sort of thing does not help. I've also dealt with the press, and I've seen the way in which they twist a story for everything it's worth, usually distorting it, and the real stories of the people involved, beyond all recognition. Think long and hard before riding that particular tiger.