PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 14:57
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFC

Flying in very good VMC above an overcast has a great many advantages over flying below an overcast in miserable visibility as you will know.

There are many occasions when this works very well for en route flying where the departure and arrival are well above minima.

It is a safer and more effective alternative for all concerned.

There are many who do not have an understanding of the issues that are involved. That this is so is indicative of the dreadful failure of the representative bodies in the past to do what they are paid to do.

I cannot begin to tell you the number of emails I have now had from pilots and other interested parties who have expressed that they has no idea how the sytem worked.

There are equally those who fully understand the issues involved, but are quick to dismiss them, rather than support and develop what is in my opinion a very worth while campaign.

If you fundamentally believe in something such as this and if you are more eloquent and better able to set out the issues than you feel are those who are trying to do somehting about it, you would do as well to support them.

Personally I do not have a vested interest, so in that respect it matters not one bit to me. For that reason I feel I can take a detached view and I can tell you that when already nearly 1,000 pilots support the campaign, not to mention a number of other very experienced and influencial individuals I feel I can safely conclude that whatever the outcome we are doing the right thing for the right reasons.