PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod families angry at OBE
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 12:47
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
If, and it is a big IF, the Knights and others have criticised OC 120 in the gutter press then it is they that deserve vilification.

TD if you said what has been printed in the gutter press then you should publicly explain yourself, not ask to do it by PM. You have been publicly quoted denigrating a fine officer who did his best at a difficult time and I think that you will have lost a lot of support. If you did not say what are in those quotes, or they have been taken out of context, that is your fault for giving the journos a story. Either way you lose.

I would suggest that those criticising OC 120 do not know how the system works or what his citation for the award reads. OC 120 has a sqn to run after a tragic crash. It is not his primary job to visit families, it is to continue to maintain an operational outfit; only those on 120 and in the chain of command can comment on how effectively he achieved this. As for those allegedly claiming that they weren't asked about whether he should be the recipient of an award - well "Good, it is none of your business".

I have only met OC 120 in passing but I for one congratulate him on his award and he should not consider, even for a second, turning it down. Well done Martin.