PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod families angry at OBE
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 11:16
Mad_Mark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winco...

I think the thing that has upset him the most about this is that he see's someone effectively 'profiting' from the loss of XV230
Firstly, I am sure TD is quite capable of telling us himself why he allegedly made the comments quoted in the press. It seems that he was more than ready to ask us for answers to his questions but less than willing to answer the questions and requests for comment others have asked of him in this thread.

Secondly, Martin is not 'profiting' from the loss of XV230, he is being recognised for the effort he put in, much of it behind the scenes, dealing with the aftermath of the terrible event. Would you, or TD (who you are apparently the spokesman for), begrudge others that have been awarded honours after other tragedies for the efforts that they put in at the time and afterwards?

I fully understand the anger that TD must be feeling towards 'the system' but to vent it against someone that had to pick up the pieces so soon after assuming command of CXX, which he did an exceptional job of, is simply wrong.

MadMark!!!