PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod families angry at OBE
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 09:48
EdSet100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winco,

Please don't read anything more into it than that. I am not on a campain for Graham Knight - he has proved to us all that he can fight (and win) his own battles. I am just asking that we show a little bit of compassion and understanding for someone who is perhaps seeing this award slightly differently than most of us here do.
We don't need you, Old Chap, to be an apologist for Mr Knight. He's an active and competent user of this site and he is welcome to contribute to this discussion on the same terms that he has in other matters. We have supplied him with some answers to some questions and we have been sympathetic. He forgot to pause and ask one final question, though: What responsibility, if any, did OC 120 Sn hold in respect to the safety of his Crew 3? The answer is that he was responsible for ensuring that they were adequately trained, prepared and motivated for the events that lay ahead of them, regardless of which aircraft was allocated to them. OK, it wasn't the current OC 120 Sn who personally bore that responsibility, but it is clear that the Sqn Executive, as a body, met that requirement.

Wg Cdr Cannard has acted impeccably, shown great leadership and ensured that unbounded compassion and support has been afforded to Mr Knight and the all the other bereaved families, since 2 Sep 06 and I, for one, will not give Mr Knight any slack in this particular discussion.

Ed