PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod families angry at OBE
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 09:12
Tis I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I, like tantallion was on CXX in 1995 and I was closely involved with the aftermath. I also know Martin Cannard well and saw how much the Afghanistan Tragedy effected him. I watched him during numerous funeral services and press conferences and was impressed by the inner strength he show at such a trying time when he had only arrived back to take command of CXX within the previous 2 weeks. He did an oustanding job in the most difficult of circumstances. I fully support his award and send him my heartiest congratulations. I don't believe the award was solely related to the tragedy but merely put him in the spotlight where he was noticed for the calibre of the man he is.
I also commend Shona for coming here and stating her piece and clarifying what we all know about the press. The TV news last night was still reporting it as "The Nimrod Families" a collective noun which tars all with the same brush. I can't help but notice the lack of input from Tapper's Dad on this topic though. He didn't hold back much over the previous 12 months when he was seeking and, rightfully given, a lot of assistance in his quest. Might be time to clear the air on this one.
To all the families of this tragedy and those of other absent friends may I wish you all the best for 2008 and beyond. Nothing can replace your loved one but our thoughts are with you and them wherever they may be.