PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2008, 01:03
016FSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey VCCM, I hear what you're saying, and you're right, my opinions have changed as a result of reading the comments on here and other forums. I DO believe that I and the rest of us deserve more money, I do believe that we should ALL stick together and dig our heels in once and for all, if the flight deck guys can do it, why the hell can't we?

Having said that, I'm realistic and I can't see it happening. B Boyd has made a real hash of things, the flight deck union laid their cards on the table and told the company what they wanted, all we have said is we want more!! When Oliver Twist said that, he was thrown out on his ear and I think that is what the company are now doing to us!!

IF we had a strong and competant union who were directing and representing us well, I think we could pull it off, like the flight deck did and probably will again, but with the shambles that these negotiaions has been with BB representing us, I don't believe we can. I also believe whole heartedly as I have said a number of times, that I think the crew who strike will have a little black mark by their names and will suffer and I really don't want to be a marked man by the company. If I knew that everyone was sticking together, I would give my support 100% but I think the strike days are going to be a bloody mess! That's why my opinion has changed and I now think we should re consider, get new union representation and then when negotiations next come around, we'll be in a much stronger position. How can we fight the company when our union representative shook hands with the management and agreed TWO deals, one of 2%, BOTH OF WHICH the crew rejected!!

I keep looking at BA's strike in which they had 96% in favour and still they got nothing in the end!!