PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 23:38
016FSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raffles the Driver!!

Hey Raffles, I see where your coming from and the reason most of us stuck our heels in was because we were following in your footsteps when flight deck said "the money or we strike" and you got the money!!

You get 2 nts in Jnb we only get 1, you get around £300 for an LA we get less than £40, next you'll be telling me you get paid for doing SEP in the office and have a day off after it

The difference is, you guys are a much closer knit community than we are as crew and you all stick together. That's almost impossible to do as crew, there so many mixed opinions, such a huge mix of ages, a wealth of different backgrounds and experience that nobody really knows who's in favour and whose against. Even on here there are so many differing views and opinions, and only a handful of VS crew compared to how many there actually are read/post on here!

I can just imagine ringing in to support the strike, turning up at the picket line to find that the strikers in the end are in the minority and the company manages to operate a near perfect schedule!! How stupid will we look then! But i'll tell you one thing, if this strike doesn't go ahead and then you guys end up getting another 'decent' pay rise, they'll be mass hysteria from the crew and THEN every single crew will be on that picket line!!!!!!

The company are not going to give in to our demands. You guys didn't get a strike date arranged and Branson didn't intervene. The Co NEED you, it's not so easy to replace flight deck, we CAN be replaced very very easily!!! That's the unfortunate truth!!

But it really does add fuel to the fire when you say an LA is worth £300 to the flight deck and we get £42!! That is the trip pay, not for anything else other than doing the trip! So the flight deck guys deserve £300 for doing the same trip that we get £42 for, that's FSM's, cabin crew don't even get as much as that!!

Last edited by 016FSM; 3rd Jan 2008 at 00:49.