PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 21:32
016FSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that was put very nicely Virgin89 and made a lot of sense! By the way, you ARE older than me If you're in your 40's, i've just reached the BIG 4 0!!
I too will be flying on the 9th 10th and will make sure that the crew with whom I'm flying, are given all the support that they need to do their jobs as well as they always do. I feel it's the right choice for ME and I have thought about it very carefully and have spent many hours reading this chat room and cabincrew.com in order to try to make the right decision. I've made it and I feel it's the right one. The company HAVE helped me in times when I really needed help with one thing or another over the years, they have always treated me well and I've had a very happy career flying for Virgin. I'm always skint and my kids shop in Oxfam (yeah right....) but what can I do

I still believe that we should be paid like managers and have a better wage and that our terms and conditions need to be addressed, but I don't think striking is the answer. RB's comments are shameful, they may apply to those who have been in the company only a couple of years, but as Doris Day quite rightly said, when you climb the ladder in a company, you deserve to be paid accordingly.

Having said that, I can't turn my back on a company who have looked after me pretty well for 21 years of my life!!