PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 16:34
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats rubbish IO. There is plenty of GA around Europe despite your rather blinkered view.

I merely played devils advocate and asked the question of what would people have done without an IMCR.

The loss of the IMCR would be unfortunate but hardly the end of the world and it certainly is not the only reason that people are able to do any practical flying.

Lets have a poll and ask how many people really use a light aircraft for 'personal business aviation' that without an IMCR will be unable to fly.

This is not meant as a red rag, it is a genuine question. The IMCR is a UK only rating as we know. The number of Instrument approaches in the UK available in real terms to GA is very low therefore the number of people is equally low. So what sort of personal business are people actually flying on that requires an IMCR that would not be served by aligning PPL standards across Europe?

I ask the question because I actually do a lot of IFR personal travel, mostly CI and near Europe and believe me it's lonely out there.

Like I said not looking for an argument just really interested.