PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2008, 19:36
016FSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Virgin89, I hear what you're saying! We are all highlighting the negative aspects of working for VS and of course there are some positive ones as well. I have also flown many times in J and now like you, have unlimited upgrades whenever I fly.

However, we're probably both around the same age, 30 ish, (if only!!) and after all the years with the company, we should be paid in line with other airlines' number 1's/FSM's, NOT counting BA as they are in a league of their own.

I don't count allowances cos they are to spend down route, they are subsidency allowances supplied to cover the cost of food drink and passing the time of day whilst away and I spend them as such, also changing dollars into £'s at the current exchange rate is a waste of time, you lose too much. So we come home with around £1500 per month, that's not even double of that of a junior flt attendant who has been here no time at all let alone over 20 years. And in case you weren't aware, our salary has not even trebled in 21 years of employment with the company. Can you be proud of that because I can't!

At the end of the day, it's the money that gets paid into my bank account that pays my mortgage, bills, council tax, shopping bills and feeds my kids! All on £1500 per month! If I could get another job to supplement my salary, I would, but with 2 or 3 days off between flights if I worked on those, my kids wouldn't know who I was!!