PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2008, 19:13
Virgin89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
016FSM, I am also a 016FSM and have been here as long as you, if not longer.

I would like to point out a couple of things, having been here 20 years myself and knowing many people in the office.

The office staff don't get any overtime at all. You did get extra allowances for working Xmas and also the offer to take someone away with you, confirmed for £100 and most probably in J.

The flight I operated over Xmas, which was great, all the companions were sitting in U/C both ways and everyone went to the Clubhouse prior to the flight both ways, not a bad perk.

I am just trying to point out that for the amount of times that I come to work each month (4-5) I don't think I'm paid that badly. £2300 per year, £6000 in allownaces, £2000+ in trip pay and commisson.

I know I have to use my allowances to live on while I'm away, but I have to take all the above into account when I am looking at an overall package that I can earn per year, and it's currently stands at about £31,500. I also need to take into account the felxibility that we have at crew at VS.

If I was working in the office then I'd be coming to work each day, 5 times a week, buying lunch etc each day. I don't have to do that.

I hear lots of people moaning about having one request per month. Talk to your friends at other airlines and see how many they get. BA hardly get any.

Is it the best in the world? No it isn't. Do I want more money? Hell yes. Will I work during the stirke? Yes I will. I can't afford not to be earning money and I can't afford to see VS go into another 9/11 situation where they have to downsize to pay for the stirkes.

I've been here before and want to move on from this. I want us to go into the next negs with a better, stronger union. One that is totally committed to working together and one that listens and communicates with us.

Anyway Happy New Year to you all