PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2007, 14:16
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, £150 to operate a flight and £160 in crew down payment guaranteed, total £310, less tax & NI (30%) circa £217. So perhaps if you do 2 of these then its £434 extra for going to work on the 2 blocks of strike days. That's good money, ah but if I average it over 12 months it's £36.17 per month, now what was the last pay deal worth to me , oh yes I remember assuming 5 trips a month a junior stood to take home an extra £39.61 per month. http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3616165&postcount=211 so still actually by going into work on the strike days people will be worse of in one year than if I they accepted the last offer.

That's just over 1 year. Lets look at over the next 5 years any bargaining power the union has/had would be gone in effect we would probably be setting ourselves up for the union disintegration.... maybe that is why the company likes this, they might see this as a way to get rid of the cabin crew union ??

Hopefully people will see big picture, though I am sure there will be an element of crew (perhaps only here for the jolly) who will take the lolly not caring about the future.

As for scratching the rest of my roster after the strike dates, that's fine by me, but my days off are my days off.

I see the big freeze is forecast next week too snow Ice and -12 and maybe -17 in the midlands !! brrrr See Yahoo for details. so now we have bad weather, baa and virgin, it's going to make for a horrid start to the new year.

Out of interest what is min crew to despatch a 74 or scarebus I cant remember, I should probably know it too ! oops