PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA EuroFleet to QF(UK)
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2007, 12:16
wan2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A qf reply

Seems funny all these replies and none of you work for QFUK - I do !!
I like it here - each to their own really - our turnover is same as most UK airlines - we are however NOT QANTAS AUS - the sooner people realise this the better - we were opened as a cost saving base just like all the other overseas airlines at LHR....
At interview all candidates are told of the routes/conditions/pay etc etc so no one can moan about that.
we work roughly 4 on 3 off - ability to change rosta is fantastic so could do a back to back then get a week off or change trips to begining of rosta and have the rest off or pick up extra flights etc etc..
money is good to be honest i have no probs there - paid basic plus sector pay then allowance down route - save it and earn more spend it earn less - simple really.....
we have 3 great routes and yeah they can be tiresome sometimes but hotels are cool - so if dont wanna do much just lay by pool etc etc.....
some crew love it some crew dont and they move on !.
we are recruiting heavily at mo as most of the original aussie guys are now going back after 3/4 years.
Promotion is great here and fast if you want it - On board managers/trainers/recruitment/ground staff etc.
Its surprising to see the quite a lot of crew that have left to go to BA now want to come back - so grass is not always greener !.
As I said earlier - each to their own - not every airline is perfect but I wouldnt leave here as very happy.

Last edited by wan2fly; 2nd Jan 2008 at 11:03.