PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2007, 11:43
greigok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So who has seen Ifly and the incentives that VS are offering. My guess most will forget striking and go to work as it's money whats important to most of the crew here.

With regards to earlier comments regarding Crew Down and being the highest on record over xmas...well if people want to party do it downroute and do not call in sick. Crew Down has alot to do with people faking sickness and then your asking for crew down payments.

I do agree you need more money and i know you do a really hard job..people do not undestand how hard you work on a lagos or a full las vegas. But i do think what was offered was the best you were going to get. Dis-regard crew down as that's an issue where crew need to call in sick when they actually are.

I have friends that work for BA...and they operate there long hail flights with less crew than you guys and this is standard. Now there flights are alot busier and they do not get crew down payments. Also stop comparing the wages to other airlines...VS is the only airline that just does long haul. All the other airlines cater for long and short combined.

Again i know how hard you guys work and im looking to get a mortgage with my other half who works for Virgin and his pay will not be a problem. I live in the south east where the property is more expensive aswell.

Good luck guys with whatver you decide to do and keep up all the hard work and much respect to you for all the hard busy flights that i know you work.