PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STILL THINK THERE ARE JOBS OUTSIDE?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2001, 00:01
uncle peter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

pete - how can someone who opened the thread with an overtly inflammatory post have such delicate sensibilities? to offend or insult was not the intention of the post - merely to throw some tongue in cheek banter back your way.

as it was my mistake as to the proximity of the teddies to the edge of the pram, i must apologise and offer a proper response.

with another flying job to go to, there is no way i would consider recinding my pvr merely because the raf may have better job security. the raf has some major problems at the moment. it is a simple balancing act - on the plus side there is job security, on the negative side there are too many factors i could mention.

yes the aviation industry is suffering at the moment, but for how long? reasons cited for the proposed job losses include increased insurance and security costs coupled with a lack of consumer confidence. ignoring the prospect of recession, this situation can only improve given time.

as regards the city, my sister works as a recruitment consultant for a large financial house - they are still looking for the right people.

things certainly are not as bleak as some would portray.