PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st International Air Show and Live Fire Demonstration/Kabul Int'l Airport
Old 2nd Oct 2001, 10:03
West Coast

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Jacko
Keep your eye on the ball, avoid allowing the EU's agenda to water down the task at hand. I agree that the Palestinian issue needs to be discussed, however at an appropriate time. It is not a starter issue as applied to the events of 9/11 except as back ground noise.

To paraphrase you as I am too tired to track down your exact words, Leave the Israelis to their own devices,devoid of U.S.support and they will moderate. I disagree. A concern the western world, and I dare say the secular leadership of Pakistan is the de-stabilizing effect of Pakistans support of the U.S. Why should we be any less concerned about destabilizing another nuclear power? Its not hard to draw a picture of an isolated Israel, bunker mentality, armed with Jericho missiles. Most certainly a recipe for disaster. Dialogue vs missiles, you call it. Prior to replying, at least consider what the lay of the land would look like without the overt and discreet pressures the U.S. applies on Israel. Give me some notable and significant examples of alienation achieving the goal of bringing/returning a nation to the fold. For every one you name, I can name one or more that have slipped further away.
For my own edification, do you believe the PLO to be the legitimate voice of the Palestinian people?