PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st International Air Show and Live Fire Demonstration/Kabul Int'l Airport
Old 2nd Oct 2001, 02:30
kbf1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flattus..why should the concepts of jurisprudence not apply to the events of the 11th September? Are we to become judge, jury, and executioner? Where is this evidence that the atrocity was down to OBL? I have heard Tony Blair talk of irrefutable evidence, yet very little has been offered. Why should we dispense with the concepts of jurisprudence just because it may be convenient. Again, why is international law irrelevant? (though i do agree that a comparison with domestic burglary is irrelevant)

I read from your post that we must defend our civilisation. Who is to say that we are civilised and the Arabs are not? What is it that we defend except a relative set of values, relative only to the world as we see it. The crux of my arguments so far has been that we have to acknowledge that Arab culture, though different from ours, is equally valid and that we run the risk of of starting what will be in effect another cold war drawn along east/west lines around an axis of the Gulf of Oman. The danger of such a treaty you mention is that it may well be a treaty aimed at the destruction of the Arab world for the sake of western civilisation.