PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st International Air Show and Live Fire Demonstration/Kabul Int'l Airport
Old 24th Sep 2001, 21:29
Roc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko, Kbf1,

I am obviously out of your league when it comes to the written word. You are both very eloquent, and evidently give a damn about spelling. But as others have said, What is your plan? You both preach patience and wisdom is the path to be taken, and you both conclude erroneously, that Bush is about to embark on WWIII. I will be flying into this conflict quite soon, so I, more than others here hope the pols do it right.
Jbf1..I hope some of your problems in NI do garner some attention, I have no control over what free Bostonians do with their donations. Also the difference between other past conflicts in Afghanistan and this, is that we are trying to cut off the funding and means of resupply that the terrorists have. In both Vietnam and the Russian foray into Afghanistan, the enemy had support, and was resupplied. This is an important aspect to consider. PS I know the US was the one supplying the Mujagadin (Spelling?) You sound alot like the hysterical press during the build-up of Desert Storm. If you listened to them the Iraqi's were battle- hardened, fanatical, killers who would eat the Marines for breakfast!! These terrorists are nothing more than Thugs with cash. I think Bush's posturing of the military and diplomatic moves to garner cooperation between nations is the wise course. I also believe, unlike you , that while some of these terrorists will stay to fight, the vast majority of them are literally ****ting in their pants right now (Spelling, Jacko?) and just like the Iraqi's before them, they will shrivel under the might of a real military force, not a bunch of bums with automatic weapons.
Off the subject, thanks for your consideration of my remarks in light of my location near the Trade Center bombings, You are correct to assume, I lost 2 friends, one was the pilot on the United Airlines flight that crashed in Pennsylvania. And by the way, Alot of Americans like Guns and owning them, and while this may seem horrible and uncivillised to your sensibilities, we seem to like it OK, despite the consequences it entails.

Jacko, I knew you guys had 2 C-17's wasn't sure if you had them all yet, and I know WWII started in 1939, I JUST WROTE 1940 AS A TIME REFERENCE. By the way If you all feel like the US left you in such dire straits back in 39-40-41, who did the LION's share of the fighting out in the Pacific? I hadn't heard about any other forces storming Iwo? I know British forces were out fighting on many fronts but we took the brunt of the Pacific casualties, so let's say were even. I'll be leaving soon, maybe when I come back I'll have attained a level of understanding of the Afghan people and the terrorists, class begins soon!