PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2007, 22:31
sign-it-to-your-room

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone please answer me this?

Cabin crew have always gone sick. Our very own AvMed manual tells us not to fly with a cold.
So why in the last 3 years have we encountered CREW DOWN?
In 14 years with the company we have never had this problem until 3 /4 years ago. Crew down was virtually unheard of therefore we didnt mind our pathetic £5 payments, so people like Fournier Boy telling us its all our own doing is just plain nonsense.
Heres my take on it..........................
YET AGAIN the company has decided to take cost cutting measures and YET AGAIN its the crew and pax that suffer.
Just like the J kits...........
Just like the awful catering.........................
Just like the LGW IFE........................

I'm gonna be bold here. I dont care what anyone says, but the crew down situation is a problem that lies with top management and a problem that I dont think is high on the list of priorities to solve. Why? Because it saves money! If we were to blame, then why was there no problem until recentley?

Point 2:
I'm fed up of hearing "If you dont like it leave"
Answer this honestly: Did you voice that same question when our pilots entered their pay negotiations?
Now before you say "Dont compare apples with....."
I'm Not okay!
What about nurses and teachers? Do you shout at the telly when you hear of their hardships (not to mention being key-workers)? I'll bet you a shilling you dont. So why so rude to crew?
No trick question, honest answer appreciated.

January 4th will reveal the Unions intentions. I believe that until that date they are busy gathering info. Its not about greed and money as some of you believe but more about T&C's.