PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st International Air Show and Live Fire Demonstration/Kabul Int'l Airport
Old 24th Sep 2001, 02:56
harrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Who is a terrorist?

We should be a little careful here chaps, because from our perspective here in Southern Africa (ex RAF), just about every terrorist organisation has had or still has offices in London. We know beyond any doubt that the British people aided and funded these organisations. It is said (and this by my own British friends) that the British Government may have actively supported and even covertly funded some of them.

Nelson Mandela, is a self confessed freedom fighter and was convicted in an open court of acts of terror for which he was sentanced life imprisionment. The organisation of which he was leader, the ANC, has in the recent past, actively supported and in turn been supported by the Provisional IRA. This man has subsequently been knighted by Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain & Northern Ireland. We can’t help wonder what her subjects in the North of Ireland think about that. Is there some sort of message hidden here, because if so, it's bloody well hidden.

Had he been Catholic I'm certain the Pope would have canonized him by now. St. Nelson, lovely ring to it don't you think?

British politicians even named the streets and suburbs of their towns after a prominent woman terrorist, Winnie Mandela. Everybody knows, with the glaring exception of the South African courts, that it was she who ordered the murder of a young boy, Stompie. That was one of her less extreme acts of terror. Her most publicised (caught in the full glare of the international TV cameras) was her claim that they (the ANC) still had the 'necklace'. Now this is a real weapon of terror, as all it entails is hanging a tyre around some unfortunates persons head, filling it with petrol and setting it alight. Nice ha? And there are streets and suburbs in Britain named after this woman. I wonder if there are any named after her in Ulster? If there are they were probably named by Nationalists. What next chaps? make her a Dame? ;-)) ;-))

What sort of message is this sending out. Could all this not be construed as 'support of terrorism'? Let's hope the that the Yanks don't think so. As an ex RAF erk I hate to say this, but if the Yanks were to decide that we were supporters of terrorists organizations we would not stand much chance. I know that our aircrew would fight to the finish in defence of our country.

The awful truth which must be faced, is that it is not only the politicians but also many right thinking people, right up to and including the heads of state of many western countries, who actively connive with terrorists and their supporters when it suits them to. They also reward their leaders with the highest honours that their states can bestow, if it can be seen to be the popular thing to do. Ah la Nelson Mandela. The fact that some of the people so honoured have been convicted of acts of terrorism in which many innocent people died, seems to be conveniently forgotten, as is the fact that some of these organisations have been aided by and in turn given aid to the IRA. This I'm told is 'real politik'.

If you want to know how many of us from this side of the world fought for the feedom of the United Kingdom, please ask, because as an ex RAF erk I’m expected to name the top RAF 20 scorers who fought for that freedom (you will be very surprised at their nationalities if you look into it).

[ 23 September 2001: Message edited by: harrier ]

[ 24 September 2001: Message edited by: harrier ]