PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st International Air Show and Live Fire Demonstration/Kabul Int'l Airport
Old 23rd Sep 2001, 19:12
Roc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kbf1,

You are much more eloquent than I, however, I beleive your views of US policy are biased. Show me the knee-jerk reaction? Its been 10 days, and no military action yet. Do you ever think alot of the build-up is to put extreme pressure on certain groups to turn these people over. Do you feel you are so much better equipped to handle this situation than a person like Colin Powell or Dick Cheney? Where are all these other bumbling "cowboy" responses the US has made in the past? I seem to remember a lengthy build-up of forces and much negociation prior to beginning hostilites in the Gulf. And as far as your analysis of our seemingly shameful lack of timely participation in helping England during WWII, explain to me why should America have jumped into yet ANOTHER BLOODY WAR started by Europeans yet again. Remember it was 1940, not 2001, Americans didn't really have the global presence and power that it does today. And while I respect England and expect to be fighting with your forces soon, lets not climb up on a lofty peak and preach the higher morals, patience, and wisdom of English foreign policy over the last few centuries. Many of todays problems stem from policies inflicted on the world from your side. Hell wasn't Vietnam a French colony? You have the luxury of sitting back and thinking about what you would do here, mainly because you don't have the military capability to strike quick and decisivly anyway. I forgot, you do have 2 C-17's. I do not intend to disrespect the British, just the "I so much more sophisticated and worldly than you" attitudes. I have faith in our leaders, they are not cowboys or extremists.