PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st International Air Show and Live Fire Demonstration/Kabul Int'l Airport
Old 23rd Sep 2001, 09:51
Roc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko, Jbf1,

You speak of not retaliating until enough evidence against OBL is found, Your nervous about US rage turning Kabul into a parking lot, and You both seem very knowledgable concerning the ramifications of poorly executed actions on the part of the US. First, OBL has been fingered for numerous other terrorist acts, and for these alone he needs to be eliminated. A trial would only add to the media circus and further attempts at terror. You both seem to possess the weak-spined attitude of Chamberlain with Hitler. This attack was physically aimed at the US, but all of the Western world is suffering. These people will not negociate in peace, and I believe that even if Israel was eliminated off the face of the earth, these same warring factions would exist. We all know who these guys are, where they are, and who's behind them. Hell, at every intel brief I've recieved in the past 5 years OBL is the star attraction. The difference now is that we are not going to be good "neighbors" and respect tenants of international law, If a country will not turn these criminals over, then we will take them ourselves. If this attitude offends your higher moral values I'm sorry. Also I feel that the IRA terrorists in NI will be a target of this campaign in some fashion. And finally, while You all correctly state that you have endured terrorism for 30 years etc etc, the ferocity of this attack goes beyond past acts, these Assho@#!s have managed to screw up the world economy and airlines all over the world are feeling the impact. Imagine if Buckingham Palace, and Westminster Abbey, or the Eiful tower were the targets. Would you still be asking for such a high level of evidence? By the way, I thank God Bush is the President, with Colin Powell, Cheney, and Rumsfeld on his staff I'm sure they are carefully considering all options and avenues of responce, even without the expert advice of you and Jackonico.