PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st International Air Show and Live Fire Demonstration/Kabul Int'l Airport
Old 22nd Sep 2001, 18:19
heloplt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Desparado! These other guys who either say these things to stir the pot or at worst actually believe what they say will one day come to understand why wars need to be fought.
Those of us who serve in the defense of our fellow citizens understand the sacrifices that service requires. They all have their freedom , paid for by others ,but unfortunately do not understand why those of us who risk our lifes defending them appreciate that very freedom all the more.

I just wonder what it would take for some of these guys to stand up and make sacrifices for others? Are these the kind of men that would allow a burglar to enter their homes at night, commit unspeakable acts of violence against their family, and merely step to the telephone and call the police? I wonder what kind of attack it will take to get these guys to stand up for their nation? It actually, really, does worry me that they would sit there in the passenger seat and be a witness to their own death sentence being proclaimed by terrorists and go to their end looking for someone else to come to their aid. They are quick to words, slow to action, and make mock of reality when it might require sacrifices by them in support of others.

There is no way I find any mitigation that reduces the sheer evilness of what has been done to well over six thousand people, men, women, children, and infants. They wish to throw the IRA and Northern Island in the argument for what reason I do not understand. Does it matter which terrorist group kills innocent people? They want proof as if we were interested in going to court and hold a trial. There shall be not trial in this unless the accused acknowlege the concept of law,order, justice and surrender to those ideals. They have utter contempt for those ideals...that is why they murder innocent unarmed people.

If kbf and Jacko and that group had loved ones in one of the airplanes or in the Towers...wonder what they would be saying today? Is that what it would take to jog them into an understanding of what this is about? I wonder if the reason the missus doesn't wear her American flag pin is her idea or as a result of the psyops campaign being waged by her hubby?