PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st International Air Show and Live Fire Demonstration/Kabul Int'l Airport
Old 22nd Sep 2001, 11:08
DESPERADO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Didntdoit,
Agree with you wholeheartedly, you put into words, fairly eloquently, exactly what I have been thinking and I salute you for it.

To the Americans reading this post, I for one am with you 100%. Like you said, several hundred of my countrymen were killed in this attack, I would be remiss in my duties as a member of HM armed forces if I didn't do something to defend my people. This is not going to stop until we get down and dirty with these b@ast@rds.
Even if the US were to withdraw its support from Israel, this would achieve nothing. Does anybody out there believe that we would hear no more? I have already argued with Jacko about what would happen to Israel without US support. I think that the nations surrounding Israel would see that as a green light and you could expect Yom Kippur mk 2.
Think that is far fetched? then why is it that Syria (1 example) supports financially, and with facilities as well as sanctuary, more than 10 different terrorist groups (including Hamas) that are sworn to destroy Israel and the Jewish race, not very peaceful is it? This is about much more than Israel and the palestinians, this is about our way of life and its deluding yourself to think otherwise. This is not going to stop, and yes, London could be the next target. My home town and family could be victims of the terrorists collateral damage if passengers decided to retake the plane as they did with the fourth aircraft. Think thats far fetched? Remind yourself where you were last Tuesday when you heard the news. We have a duty to protect ourselves and our people (thats what I signed up for anyway). This is a war, and bad things happen. I don't think that Jacko would be happy unless we proved that OBL had bought the plane tickets himself in the Peterborough Thomas Cook, with his L'Qaeda visa card.
I have to admit I find myself incresingly perplexed and upset by the attitude of some of my UK colleagues on this forum. This happened to us as well, not just the US. I watched it happen, the magnitude and the barbarity of it still make me feel ill. How can you sit there and piously state that "the yanks were asking for it a little bit". "However as it was so beastly we will fight with you but only if you have the name and address of the naughty fellow that did it". "Lets all remember though, that he was driven to do it by the evil Zionist conspiracy who are intent on taking over the world with burger bars"
This will happen again, next time it could be your home town. I for one am prepared to fight very hard to stop that. If you aren't interested then b"ggr off to BA. Oh, thats right you can't coz they are about to go bust because of the Zionist conspiracy.

Long boring rant over, soz, got a bit cross.

[ 22 September 2001: Message edited by: DESPERADO ]