PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st International Air Show and Live Fire Demonstration/Kabul Int'l Airport
Old 21st Sep 2001, 21:54
Dragonspet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Heloplt,
I hope you didn’t mind I thought that was so funny that I copied it and put it on the bulletin board in the break room. I have $200.00 accumulated so far, please advise where to send it. Although the posting was put out on humor this is a grave situation. One that will affect all countries of the world. I am certain that before any military insertions take place they will have congressional approval; one man is not making these decisions, no matter how powerful he may be.
Reading through these postings the general consensus does not reflect the support that your PM showed to the president’s address last night. It appeared to me that the UK was behind this approach all the way. After all being recognized as the US’s largest friend. As a country that suffered the most casualties next to the US in the WTC bombing; I would think that some of the people in the UK would share the same sentiments of revenge as many Americans. This is not just a US affair it, already having the UN’s approval among many other countries already choosing sides that have been drawn in the sand.
I do respect anyone’s individual right to believe what he or she chooses concerning the topic of war, for religious reasons or just passive by nature. But actions must be taken and the longer this is drawn out the more difficult and confused the issue will get. Do not believe for a moment that if Bin Laudin surrenders himself to the appropriate authorities that this matter is resolve the entire terrorist organizations are the target not just one individual. It will be interesting to see what will take place in regards to the IRA. I have not seen their names in any newspapers lately, but I feel they are “peas in a pod” all terrorist are the same regardless of their causes or objectives. They prey on the innocent with no remorse.
If we like it or not we are in this together I am sure that the forces that the UK have deployed to the “Training “ exercise are strategically place where they are for a reason. We all know that “Training” exercises are most of the time implemented as a show of force. The US does it China does it, and I feel the UK is doing it right now.This matter will not be resolved quickly, and God bless all that are drawn into this affair, my prayers are with you all.

P.S. I was only kidding about the fund raising, I do not want to offend anyone.

[ 21 September 2001: Message edited by: Dragonspet ]