PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st International Air Show and Live Fire Demonstration/Kabul Int'l Airport
Old 20th Sep 2001, 08:24
Samuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have thought a somewhat macabre sense of humour is essential in any armed service; certainly in my experience. It also extends to hospitals! So I understand heloplt.I have placed the odd one or two in buckets, and have enormous respect and understanding for those that are sifting the rubble in New York.

A couple of journalists wrote a book about the service humour in the Falklands, which for both of them was their first experience of working alongside any of the services.

I recall one instance of a wounded Para being attended by two medics, and he (the Para) repeated over and over that he had "lost his leg", until one of the medics told him it wasn't lost at all, it was "over there".All three ended up laughing, much to the amazement of the journo's.

As regards the US response; the target is Hydra, and George Doubyya ain't Hercules, so he had better start being accountable for anything he does.Removing Afghanistan from the map won't achieve the aim, because the Russians have already done it.There is no infrastructure left to bomb, and a million or so troops could still mis OBL.