PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st International Air Show and Live Fire Demonstration/Kabul Int'l Airport
Old 16th Sep 2001, 18:53
heloplt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At some point, we all will work our way out of mourning, each in our own way. I have been to many wakes, funerals, and memorial services that resulted from my involvement in aviation and law enforcement. The one thing that helped us through tough times was humor and this time is no different. I mourn those lost,and those that are going to be lost fighting this war but that does not mean I cannot find a way to brighten what would otherwise be a very dark day. I talked to a dear friend last night that is hands on in the recovery and identification effort of the victims at the Pentagon. If he can keep his sense of humor, we surely can. His description of the scene should be required reading for all those who doubt the need for this war against terrorism. My best laugh will be thinking of what Hosannah Been Running's face will be like when he realizes martyrdom is imminent. Sure hope he has the spirits of his convictions...cause his day is coming!