PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2007, 12:03
6chimes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading between the lines......

I have read with interest both sides of the arguement on this thread and if I may, I would like to contribute my opinion. Firstly, I neither work for VS or BA, I work as crew for another airline at LHR which is pretty similar to VS in its T&C's.

The comparisons between VS and BA should be dropped, BA are unique to the industry these days. Every other airline in the UK treats its crew with contempt and keeps the salaries low, T&C's poor and hires young inexperienced/contollable crew that can't/won't fight back.

From reading your posts and my own experience I believe that what you are looking for is RESPECT and DIGNITY. You are feeling undervalued and used to maximise profit at your expense. Money is the first place to start when expressing your unhappiness, although this needs to be solved from a smarter perspective.

If you went to work and felt valued believing that your direct management were looking to make your work life better and quite frankly you were treated like an adult and a professional employee in a professional work place and not a child that needs to be scolded whilst never being thanked or praised when you go above and beyond the call of duty. And there was some acknowledgment of how hard you are working within the current climate in aviation and an understanding of what it is to be crew these days. Would you be at this point now? If the answer to that question is no, then that is where you need to start to resolve this issue. I do not believe you will get more money, but I think if you are smart you will be able to transform your CC management department. Your fight will then not be in vain.