PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIAT
Thread: RIAT
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2001, 04:17
Skylark 4 BLW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

To all the participants at RIAT this year can I offer my grateful thanks. As a sort of 'unofficial volunteer' (hope/ intend to be fully official next year!), I had a wonderful time and the day job now seems very dull by comparison.

I saw the B1B incident on the Friday, but thanks for whoever posted the bit about the F15s on Monday. I saw their departure from the fighter apron and nearly got run over by the Police cars, now I know why! Please tell though what happened to the Navy's aircraft carrier model...??

Oh yeah one other thing, the hangar party on Saturday night - top party!!! Wish I'd bought my 'grow-bag' with me to RIAT and never seen squadron zaps put to such good use!

As for the flying, for me the Hungarian Mig 29 walks off with top prize, closely followed by the CF18.

I know its fashionable to knock things these days, but guys from one grateful enthusiast, I fully appreciate your time etc spent bringing these toys for us to look at it. Speaking of that the female Turkish F16 pilot was a bit of alright wasnt she...!!!

Finally not a lot of people know this, but the First Officer in the second FRADU Falcon sent me solo in a glider many years ago! Congratulations Caroline if you're reading this!