PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US tragedy
Thread: US tragedy
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2001, 22:16
X Blunty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually feel quite sickened by some of the comments on this thread. Many of the comments I cannot take issue with; my knowledge and understanding of the Middle East is minimal compared to many of you who are contributing to this debate. But, whilst I am aware that the coming days, weeks and months will have major repercussions on all of our lives, some more than others, I find the mud-slinging and arguments about which country lost more lives in various wars/conflicts etc extremely distasteful.

If the tone of this thread was echoed in a thread about the death of aircrew, there would, quite rightly so, be an outcry.

Can you not stop your bickering and take stock for one moment? Thousands of innocent lives have been lost through the most despicable act of terrorism the world has ever seen. George W Bush, Tony Blair etc etc are in the unenviable position of deciding what to do about it. Their decisions and the resultant action will have a major impact on all our lives, but for now, in the wake of the tradegy and bearing in mind that comments posted on this forum are unlikely to influence any policy decision, please consider the feelings of those Americans and Brits who have relatives and loved ones who are missing, presumed dead and keep our opinions, except those of sympathy to ourselves.

Heartfelt condolences to all those who have been touched by this atrocity...