PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US tragedy
Thread: US tragedy
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2001, 20:56
DESPERADO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Been out all day, glad to see that the debate is hotting up.
Jacko, why do you persist with the comparison with South Africa. You appear to be saying that the Israeli's and the apartheid regime were murderers, but that the Israeli's are much nastier. Er, quite. As you would expect I disagree (my particular SA favourite from the hall of shame, was when they drove up and down Soweto in a truck with barrels on the back and then popped up and shot the kids that had just thrown a rock at the truck).
As I said before, at least Israel is a democracy. I still believe that the nations surrounding Israel won't be happy until it is destroyed. If you believe that the Syrians for example wouldn't finish Israel off if they had the power to do so, I think that you are being naive (I am sure that you will put me straight), next you will be telling me that the IRA really meant it when they said that they would put their weapons beyond use. I don't believe that the palestinians want peace either, thats not just 25yrs ago, but now. Yes there is a huge problem, and yes Israel must take some of the blame, but your blanket declaration that Israel is the cause of all thats wrong in the middle east is unfair and I believe innaccurate. Both sides in the argument appear to be unprepared to go that extra step for peace. I think that we are going to have to agree to disagree!

Let's not get into a p155ing competition with our American friends about who did what in which war, its a little undignified and takes us away from our common enemy. Our counties pasts and futures are intertwined and long may it remain so. I realise its not very PC, but lets get it out in the open, the USA wants revenge not just justice. I have no problem with that, I would like to avenge the hundred(s) of my countrymen killed in this dreadful act.
I have to agree with a few of the other comments on the thread though, in that it would be nice if the USA would stop being so welcoming to Gerry Adams and his fund raisers every time that they run out of extortion money. His organization is no better than the one that carried out these attricities it's just that my govt has seen fit to legitimise them.